- Your Oculus Quest
- A PC running Windows, Linux or a Mac-computer
- A USB-C to USB cable. (Note: The cable included in your Oculus Quest purchase will not work, as it is USB-C to USB-C, unless your PC comes with a USB-C port)
Step 1: Enable Oculus Developer Account
- Log in using your Oculus account
- Click on 'Create New Organisation'
- Enter a name for your organization
- Click on 'Submit' and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Step 2: Download and install ADB Drivers
(Mac/Linux users can skip this step completely and move to step 3)
- Agree to the Terms and click 'Download'
- Extract the downloaded files where you want the drivers to be located, using a program like WinRar or 7Zip
- Open the extracted folder and navigate to the file 'android_winusb.inf'
- Right-click the file and select 'Install'
- After installation is finished, restart your PC
Step 3: Activate Developer Mode
- Ensure your Oculus Quest is turned on, and on the same WiFi-Network as your mobile phone
- Open the Oculus App on your mobile phone
- Navigate to the Settings tab, and click on 'Oculus Quest [unique serial number]'
- In the dropdown menu, click on 'More Settings'
- Click on 'Developer Mode', then ensure it is turned on
Step 4: Connect the Oculus Quest to your PC
- Connect the Oculus Quest to your PC via the USB-C to USB cable
- If you are connecting for the first time, a pop-up will appear in your Oculus Quest. Put on the headset, select 'Always allow for this computer' and press 'OK'
Step 5: Download and install SideQuest
Linux: SideQuest-[version].dmg or SideQuest-[version].tar.xz
- Install SideQuest to your PC or Mac
- Once installed, open SideQuest
Step 6: Installing present4D to your Oculus Quest
- Download the present4D .apk file
- Ensure your Oculus Quest is connected to SideQuest. A successfull connection is marked by a green circle marked 'Connected' at the top of the SideQuest window.
- Navigate to the 'My Apps' tab
- Locate the present4D .apk file and drag it into SideQuest, then wait for the app to finish installing
Step 7: Open the present4D app in your Oculus Quest
- Put on the headset
- Navigate to 'Library'
- You will find the app located under 'Unknown Sources'
- Open the 'present4D' app